at Way Library
Way Library is pleased to announce that we will be hosting a Naturalist-in-Residence in Summer, 2021. Emma Taylor, Program naturalist with the Wood County Parks, will share her expertise with the community by conducting in-person programs at the parks as well as curating resources about nature.
The Naturalist-In-Residence program is made possible thanks to support from Way Public Library Foundation & Friends.
Join us for these fascinating programs:
Outdoor Mindfulness and Nature Journaling, June 3rd, 6:30 pm, W.W. Knight Preserve (as this event has filled up, a second has been scheduled for June 18th; register at the link below)
Emma Taylor is a program naturalist with the Wood County Parks District. She loves connecting with folks over a shared love for nature. In addition to her work as a naturalist, Emma also teaches mindfulness and is currently working towards a Mindfulness Teacher Certification with the Engaged Mindfulness Institute. In her spare time, she enjoys crafting and DIY - especially projects that allow her to use all of her materials or up-cycle parts into something new.
Registration is required for all programs and space is limited. Register online at waylibrary.info or by calling (419) 874-3135 x119.
Our Naturalist-In-Residence, Emma Taylor, has provided a number of online resources as well as books and apps that she recommends. You can find all the different information in the tabs below.
- ODNR Dragonfly guide: PDF Document
Dragonfly Nymph Video:
- Afoot and Lighthearted: A Journal for Mindful Walking - Bonnie Smith Whitehouse
- Nature Journal: A Guided Journal for Illustrating and Recording Your Observations of the Natural World - Claire Walker Leslie
- The Laws Guide to Nature Drawing and Journaling - John Muir Laws
Emma's Favorite Nature Journaling Supplies:
- Water color pencils & water pen
- Micron Pens
- Journal (lay flat or spiral bound)
- Nature Books for Adults & Children
Nature Books for Adults
- Around the World in 80 Trees - Jonathan Drori
- The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating - Elisabeth Tova Bailey
- The Sky and Earth Touched Me - Joseph Cornell
- Braiding Sweetgrass - Robin Wall Kimmerer
- The World We Have - Thich Nhat Hanh
- Phra Paisal's Temple School - Phra Paisal Visalo
- Love Letter to the Earth - Thich Nhat Hanh
Merlin Bird ID: