at Way Library
NOTICE: This page will not indicate our current supply status. Please check our Facebook page or phone recording for current supply status.
When supplies are available, you can pick up a free COVID-19 at-home test kit at Way Library. The Ohio Department of Health is providing rapid at-home tests at no cost to patrons or the library. Kits may be picked up at the Circulation Desk or via curbside delivery.
The Abbott BinaxNOW Proctored Home Test provides results in minutes and detects the virus in the early part of the disease when people are most infectious. It is used with an online service, provided by eMed, which helps guide people through the testing process. Results are automatically reported to the public health department.
The following are required in order to perform the test
- Windows or Mac/Apple laptop with a webcam (or a desktop computer with an adjustable/moveable webcam), microphone, and speaker; OR an Apple phone/tablet; OR and Android phone/tablet;
- an email address; and
- an internet connection.
These tests CAN:
- Be used for travel
- Be used to end quarantine in Ohio
The test is designed to be taken at home and is not intended to be administered at or by the library.
The Over-the-Counter BinaxNOW test is not the same as the proctored test.
- This test is for peace of mind when visiting friends and family members, especially over the holidays.
- Results can be self-reported to public health department.
- It CANNOT be used for travel
- It CANNOT be used to end quarantine in Ohio
- It IS NOT Proctored through eMed
- It DOES NOT require technology such as a smartphone or computer
- There are two tests per box
For more pickup locations and testing information, visit the Wood County Health Department website by clicking the button below.
We are glad to offer this service to help make testing more accessible, convenient, and expeditious for you.